“Swinging for the Fences!”?
Okay in my last sermon of the “Topics” series I focused on the church. In that rather lengthy message toward the end I attempted to make a point about the importance of the pastor rising to the occasion and my own personal view about how I want to be right in the the thick of ministry when things are going on. So I said something like: “It’s Tiger Woods in a major on Sunday…It’s the bottom of the ninth, 2 outs and 2 strikes, I’m swinging for the fences!” Well the truth is you would never “swing for the fences” in that situation. As soon as I said it I knew I was a little off and then a member pointed it out to me. What I wanted to communicate is that in those moments when everything is on the line I want to be the guy preaching, serving, teaching, and baptizing. When the stakes are high I want to be up to bat in ministry. In other words I didn’t get into this to sit on the sidelines and “twiddle” my thumbs God placed me here to make a difference and even in the most pressure filled situations I want to be His guy. So forgive me for the misuse of my analogy but hopefully you understand where I’m coming from.
About pastor bernieCollegiate/Young Adult pastor Forest Lake Church, near Orlando, FL
- We love our PACK THE FOREST partners! Thank you @IAmFCE and @FloridaHospital for making a difference in the lives o… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 12 hours ago
- @RagnarRelay you guys got any promo codes for Alafaya Trail relay? 1 day ago
- Fresh Wind series cont. this Sat. @TheBridgeFLC ps. Geoff shares pt. 2. Join us @ 10 live from a pew or online.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Give to PACK THE FOREST and help a child dealing with food insecurity. Give today at forestlakechurch.org.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @wcagls: In leadership, you don't attract who you want, you attract who you are. - @sam_adeyemi #GLS17 2 days ago